Tag, I’m it!
I was supposed to do this post weeks ago, sorry it’s been so long coming, I’m a procrastinator extraordinarie.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their pages.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here is some very useless information about myself:
1. I have to listen to a book on tape to get to sleep at night, my all time favorite ‘get to sleep’ book: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy… any of them… and if you’re still looking for the answer it’s 42, duh!
2. I was a band geek in high school, it was fun, I played the flute and got to ride to parades and marching band competitions with the folks who were my friends. The uniform was hot and the year we wore spats was one of the worst.
3. In my home we try really hard to teach my 3 year old not to say dirty words, so we’ve taken to using such terms as ‘furdiculous’ and ‘oh, frog’ when something annoying or otherwise unpleasant happens.
4. If you had told me 5 years ago what my life would be like now I’d have called you a liar! I’d never really gone anywhere before we got on the plane to go live in Bogota, in fact when I took spanish in high school I flunked it… yeah, my dad had to go talk my teacher into a D, credit for having attended class every day. That I’ve agreed to this little adventure my husband and I are having still blows my mind… sometimes it wakes me up at night, ‘I’m living in Brasilia, I’m living in Brasilia with two little girls, and no experience with Portuguese and we drive a little rental car around, do some grocery shopping, kill assorted bugs and water the grass in our freaking huge yard all day to keep the new sod from dying’. Life is bizarre.
5. My first job was at a Petsmart, I worked in the Aquatics section… I cleaned tanks all day, I hate fish. So, what was my daughter’s first pet, yeah it was a couple of gold fish… cause I just can’t afford $2 – 6K to ship some mut overseas.
6. I own way too much in the way of craft equipment, my mom and I joke that the one who dies with the most wins… but really, I hope and pray that one or both of my daughters will be into art.
7. When the world seems way to quiet and I am playing with the girls or sitting on my computer or working on crafts I listen to episodes of Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, podcasts of Etsy, Prairie Home Companion, I can’t get enough of the Office and Project Runway.